SierraBella

A Search For My Family History

My Photo
Name:
Location: "The Mother Lode" region, California

I retired in 2002, and I'm still loving it!

Friday, February 11, 2005

EUREKA ! (or so I thought...)


Fred Warren and other orphans, circa 1912 - 1913 Posted by Hello
It appears the scanning project has paid off, sort of...
I looked closely at this photo in which my grandfather Fred is the boy standing on the far left. He appears to be 6 or 7 years old, dating this photo to about 1912 or 1913. Realizing he must have been orphaned several years earlier than I previously thought, I revisited the 1910 Baltimore census. I found 3 year old Fred, and his 8 year old sister Dorothy living as boarders at the "Nursery, Child's Hospital." I finally had his sister's name and birth year! I found Dorothy in the 1920 census living with Roy and Pearl Thomas in Virginia, where she was shown as their niece. She disappears from sight afterward. Norfolk County Virginia, seems to have no online marriage records, effectively halting my search for either a spouse for Dorothy, or her aunt Pearl's maiden name. Hopefully more clues will arise during the scanning project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home