SierraBella

A Search For My Family History

My Photo
Name:
Location: "The Mother Lode" region, California

I retired in 2002, and I'm still loving it!

Friday, March 04, 2005

Who Is This Woman, And What Is She Doing?


Unknown woman, doing chores? Posted by Hello
Yet another of my unknown people in photographs. This one may have come from either my Maryland relatives, or the New York clan.
I was thinking her clothing style dates this picture to the 1940s, or maybe the 1950s. But what exactly is that 'thing' she's holding?
She appears to be cleaning house, but I believe it would have been far more important to have that pillar repaired!
UPDATE!
A friend just emailed to offer some information on this photo, and I believe she's nailed it! She believes the woman is pumping water from a cistern well, and that a trough is what's shown behind the pump. Thank you EJ!

1 Comments:

Blogger dre said...

For some reason I get really interested in this type of old photo - curious! You have done quite a job of them, BTW - nice!

Well, "interests" make sense - that was a connection channel I, too, discovered.

Thanks for the photo compliments - I wanted to go pro once....

And don't worry about my knees - y'know, life keeps telling us to "Be careful!" and if we succumb to that we tend to stop reaching out, and get smaller.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home