SierraBella

A Search For My Family History

My Photo
Name:
Location: "The Mother Lode" region, California

I retired in 2002, and I'm still loving it!

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Well She's Not Betsy Ross-


Unknown woman with an American flag- Posted by Hello
Yet another of my unknown photos. I believe she might be my great-grandmother Eva Diggs Warren.
The location shown is obviously not the residence of anyone in my family tree. We're just not the sort to own pillared mansions, and if we did, I'd like to know what happened!
Actually, I'd think this picture was taken in the Baltimore area, and the woman is posed in front of a museum or library.
Perhaps I'm descended from an aristocratic and genteel family, and was stolen away by gypsies... just a thought.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sylvana said...

I love your answer to the cannibal dinner question! Funny! Ed Gein was from Wisconsin so I know all about him. And although Jeffrey Dahlmer was in Wisconsin too- we're not all cannibal serial killers- Honest!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I enjoy your blog, just visited for the first time yesterday. I am not too far from where you described Rochester Farm as being. I will keep an eye out for the pillared mansion in my travels, and ask other life-time residents of the area if it looks familiar. Wonderful photos you have here:)

12:44 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

jude-
Strength of character makes you (and you family) the pillars. No need to buy them back!
sylvana-
Don't feel bad about your close proximity to serial killers- I live but a few miles from the Wilseyville location where Ng and Lake did their awful murders. I did notice "Fargo" was on your favorites list... You should have heard the comments when we finally bought a wood chipper.
susie-
I dearly miss the Westminster area, and had thought to buy out my portion of Grandmother's home and move back, but my children have settled here in California...

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home