SierraBella

A Search For My Family History

My Photo
Name:
Location: "The Mother Lode" region, California

I retired in 2002, and I'm still loving it!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

NOT A Happy Camper!


Mrs. Dewey, Harris Ferry, West Virginia Posted by Hello
Darn these photos!
I have pictures of a Mr., Mrs., Coleman and W.M. Dewey. All were labeled Harris Ferry, West Virginia. I have no idea who these people are.
Coleman, being an uncommon name, was the moniker I chose to begin the search. Would you believe it- there were two Coleman Deweys to be found in Harris Ferry in the same general time period!
From what I've read, the process of photography (in those bygone days) required one to sit, perfectly still, for a long period of time. Therefore one rarely sees a smiling portrait. A smile can falter during this long procedure, therefore the subjects were directed to keep a straight face.
When I spend a great deal of time trying to research these photos, I imagine, should I look into a mirror, this is the same expression on my own face. I too am not a happy camper!

2 Comments:

Blogger Homestead said...

Oh I really like these photos. I have one old photo on my blog of our house... you are inspiring me to do more. Love it!

8:09 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

aj-
Thanks!
homestead-
I saw your photos just today. Love your home!
jude-
Yeah, I hate when I have to do the forced smile thing. Post those pictures, because I'll be looking!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home