SierraBella

A Search For My Family History

My Photo
Name:
Location: "The Mother Lode" region, California

I retired in 2002, and I'm still loving it!

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Who Should I Poke Fun At Today?


Me & Some Of The Family, about 1992- Posted by Hello
Anyone who has read this blog before knows I always poke fun at my dead relatives. I do attempt to do so with a semblence of humor.
Today's photo allows me several options, although I don't believe anyone in this picture has passed away (yet.)
Now there's my sister, the leggy blonde on the left. Her only fault, other than being leggy and blonde is her extreme tardiness! She actually will be late for her own funeral. Nuff said.
I can't pick on the children, shown in the front. Both my nephew, and my youngest daughter, are still young enough to be innocent of any wrong. So far...
My brother, shown with the bubble over his head deserves a bashing! He was the person who suggested I blog. Thanks dude! Just what I needed, yet another vice.
My son, sitting on the wall next to my brother is old enough to make fun of, but has no faults I can think of at this moment. He did, however, fall asleep on the grave of one of our Shipley ancestors on this trip!
My husband, wearing a plaid shirt, and just in front of my son, isn't feeling well so I'll have to leave him alone (today.)
Then there's my 2nd cousins husband Jack, standing next to my hubby. He and his wife were kind enough to give us the tour of Washington D.C. I hadn't lived there since the age of 5, so truly appreciated the offer. No problem there, except for the one little misdirection which sent us the wrong way down a one-way street!
This leaves me, the one posed in the middle with sunglasses. I'm not without fault, but this is my blog, so I'll list just one of my imperfections: I poke fun at dead people. But you already knew that...

8 Comments:

Blogger Squirl said...

Did you read Susie's blog about not telling family members you have a blog. That's so you can write about them and they'll never know. Sounds like your family knows, too, though. Half of my family blogs so I guess we police each other. Of course, I had to chew my brother out about a picture of the family he posted recently. I HATE that picture.

5:22 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Hi Squirl-
Y'know I didn't really bash anyone (this time.) I just now emailed the sibs to get them to come by and take a look!
I'm going to have to stop by your brother's blog again and check out the picture... or did he remove it?
Have you thought about getting even with him?
Isn't Bucky coming by this weekend? Get her to help you post some unflattering pics!

5:32 PM  
Blogger shana p. said...

boy would I be in trouble with the in laws if they knew I was blogging about them... you guys are brave.

I like the picture of the living people, also :)

9:24 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Cheesecakey-
I guess I'm lucky my family isn't bad enough to warrant a full-blown rant.
Neither of my siblings have commented, or emailed back since I posted yesterday... maybe I'll be spending Christmas alone?
I normally wouldn't post such a recent picture, but I was having a bad case of ancestor block yesterday.

9:21 AM  
Blogger CV said...

Was this picture 1992 or 1977?

I'm diggin' the Farah Fawcett hair!

8:19 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Christian-
I think the D.C. humidity had a little something to do with the curling of the hair.
It really was around 1992!

10:38 AM  
Blogger CV said...

Lol, I'm just playing. Your family is quite lovely...as are you. ;)

Actually, I was just "breakin' your balls."

12:16 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

christian-
Breakin' balls sounds like something the infamous Hermes might do... not you!

On a furthur note: One of the sibs read the posting... and liked it. I'm not quite sure about the other sibling.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home