SierraBella

A Search For My Family History

My Photo
Name:
Location: "The Mother Lode" region, California

I retired in 2002, and I'm still loving it!

Sunday, April 17, 2005

At Least Somebody Came By For A Visit


Lone deer in front of the garage- Posted by Hello
I have two blogsites which I update frequently. It seems my (few) fans look at either one or the other, but not both. Hey, I'm happy to have any readers whatsoever! Bless you all.
This story is a duplicate of today's story on my Sierra Vistas site. Although this is a tad off my usual 'style' for this blog, I wished to include it.

Allow me to preface this story with the fact that I've been suffering from both allergies and neck problems for the past week, and been self medicating with both NyQuil, Advil, and most anything I can get my hands on-
My sister-in-law called real early yesterday morning and left a voicemail informing us that she, her husband and two other family members were running late, and they wouldn't be here until noon.
I happened across this message while waiting for my morning coffee to appear, around 9:15, and was flabbergasted. I didn't remember making any plans whatsoever!
Could I have actually held a conversation with someone while under the effects of the previously mentioned medications and not remembered?
Horribly embarassed, I woke my husband, gulped some coffee and roared into motion. I showered, swept, dusted, vacuumed and tidied up the bathrooms.
Since most of our guests choose to spend the night, I made up the guest bed as well.
Noon came and went.
1pm, 2pm, 3pm also came and went.
Now I have one sister, and if she were this late I wouldn't be surprised. She's been to our home 5 or 6 times, and gets lost every time! One Christmas, she called late and lost as usual. She didn't know where she was, but she did say it was snowing... it wasn't snowing here! The last time we got together she called en route to inform us she'd left extremely early (for once.) We were elated! She called again, about 15 minutes after she should have arrived and said "we're almost there, which Yosemite exit do I take?" We live somewhat between Yosemite and Lake Tahoe... sister was only 2 hours late that time.
Anyway, about 3:30 I fired off an email to sister-in-law, asking where they were (and mentioning we'd been expecting her special deviled eggs as well.)
It turned out sister-in-law has been sick, stressed, and had meant to dial the other SierraBella and Mr. SierraBella in their lives. (Who would think with such an uncommon name this could happen?)
All I can say is at least my house is clean...

4 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

My jaw dropped in there somewhere. I was totally caught up in the "you're coming HERE TODAY, I didn't know you were coming here today, where the hell are you" drama. Yep, bright side is, your house is clean. What is SO synchronistic, I came to your profile page by clicking on your name somewhere else, and every time I do that, I see those other blogs listed, and every time I caution myself, "no, no, no, you already read too many blogs as it is...if you try another of SierraBella's and you like it, that's just another step further into your addiction..." I suspect that's why some others limit themselves to one:)
We have had as many as 6 deer in our backyard at once, with one of them that seems to like to look thru the sliding glass door in the family room and watch TV with us. My daughter says the deer only does this when nature programs are on. I'm not swearin' to that, but that's what she has observed.

11:58 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Hi susie!
I've been strongly thinking about combining my blogs as it's becoming quite the chore to maintain them both.
I do know what you mean. Currently I have 18 other blogs I visit regularly. It's an illness!
I do love our deer (most of the time.) Occasionally we see a full grown male keeping watch on his family. They must feel safe here, as we see them sleep within sight of the window through which the photo was taken.
Our cats love nature programming!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

I came to this site first. Then I realized there was a Sierra Vista, as you know. My list of blog-reading is growing. I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read mine. If you do combine them then I'll save myself one step. :-)

7:46 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

squirl-
I've actually been thinking about combining my two blogs, but having trouble deciding just how!
Guess I'll have to put on my thinking cap...

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home