SierraBella

A Search For My Family History

My Photo
Name:
Location: "The Mother Lode" region, California

I retired in 2002, and I'm still loving it!

Saturday, June 04, 2005

A Familiar Face


Alice "Luscalate" Posted by Hello
Sorting out the Lescalleet family has been a difficult task, due to the varied ways in which the surname has been spelled. Even now, different spellings are commonly used. The most unusual are found in the old census records. I happened upon both Paskyler and Susclelect during my research.
The picture of Alice, shown above, was labeled Ohio. Her parents William and Elizabeth were born in Maryland and moved their family to Ohio sometime between 1850 and 1860.
I believe William to be the cousin of my GGG-Grandmother Ann Lescalleet.
There was a slew of comments on yesterday's post from one Nick Danger who (by the final comment) was curious as to what I look like. Of all the antique family photographs in my possession, Alice and I are the most similar.
My hair is blonder, thanks to highlighting. My mouth and nose are slightly different and my chin not so large, but all in all- she and I look much alike! I rarely scowl, though.
So here's to you Nick- me, circa 1870 ish!

3 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

I wonder how that feels, to see someone from the past who looks very much like you. I haven't had that experience.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Nick Danger said...

If you look like that you should get some color in those cheeks.

7:05 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

susie-
It is strange, but we're not exact duplicates.
Once, while stuck in traffic, I finally saw my twin people had been telling me about... now that was very strange!

nick-
For the past few weeks now, I've been weeding, wood chipping and today I learn to drive the garden tractor. I'm quite tan now, and becoming quite the country woman.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home