SierraBella

A Search For My Family History

My Photo
Name:
Location: "The Mother Lode" region, California

I retired in 2002, and I'm still loving it!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Yes, It's a Meme-


My fibbin' brother and me- Posted by Hello

This is a little something I duplicate-posted on my Sierra Vistas site.

I am from coffee cake from Bisquick and Neapolitan ice-cream, because, well, there were six different opinions in our household.

I am from the pink stucco house in the fog, up the steep hill near the Pacific Ocean, where our books always had a musty smell.

I am from the camelia bush in the shade by the front door, and the sleddable ice-plant on the back hill.

I am from a Protestant/Agnostic mix and reserved, from Norman and Dorothy, Fred and Edna, and Earl and Alice.

I am from both picnic lovers and bathroom readers. (Paperbacks only!)

From "Take those wet clothes off, you'll catch your death," and "Be home by five" which was always dinnertime.

I am from Methodist, then Lutheran. Sunday school (fun) then church (oh so boring.)

I'm from Alamogordo New Mexico, via England, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Austria and France, and from macaroni casseroles and Chef Boyardee spaghetti. (ewwwwww!)

From the time my next younger brother saved a boy from drowning (his explanation for coming home with mud up to his neck,) and the time my mother was putting little red X's on the family calendar where I helpfully marked off the days she'd missed, leading to the birth of my youngest brother... and the first (and only) time my mother swore! (This wasn't the same occasion.)

I am from the box of family pictures my mother always threatened to leave to me, which I now have, and in the process of sorting and scanning. Wonderful memories ensue each time I work at the task. All those familiar faces, and best of all... those smiles.

5 Comments:

Blogger Squirl said...

That was wonderful. I have mine ready to go but haven't wanted to upstage my vulture post. I thought this took a lot more time than the 100 Things post.

12:44 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

squirl-
I could have fleshed it out a bit, but wasn't really in the mood... oh well, I can always go back.
I'm loving your vulture post, and emailed you something evil just a little while ago!
I'm sure it took a while for you to write your meme since you had to make sure not to duplicate Bucky!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Mortart said...

Again I must communicate with you via an unrelated blog.
Since you became "involved" in my posting, "Reflections on a 61-year old photo," and so kindly helped me insert the photo, I have more sad news. I just learned that Nick Palazzo, the guy who became my New Jersey neighbor late in life, died 2 weeks ago. He's the guy seated at the extreme left in the front row. I had called his home to tell him that I am featured this week on our community TV network reading my blog and showing the picture. As I told you recently, I now know that Gordon Tombleson died many years ago. This is becoming a very sad saga for me. I think that only 2 of us are still alive.
Mort Reichek www.octogenarian.blogspot.com

10:24 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

mortart-
I'm so sorry to hear this!
I just now visited your blog, read about Alan Greenspan, but see nothing yet updating this turn of events.
I'm sure Nick would have appreciated seeing your TV interview. How did it go?

11:56 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

diana-
I dropped by your blogs, and left a comment on the 101 things!
I posted my SPF on my other site: http://sierravistas.blogspot.com/
Actually that's the more me of my sites.
Have a lovely weekend too!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home