SierraBella

A Search For My Family History

My Photo
Name:
Location: "The Mother Lode" region, California

I retired in 2002, and I'm still loving it!

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Yet Another 'Unknown' Photo


Unknown Children, Essex England- Posted by Picasa

Upon going through the old family picture box this morning, I discovered this photo.
I have no idea who these children are, but the back of the picture is stamped Evelyn Studios * 36 Aldborough Road * Seven Kings * Essex * Tel. Seven Kings 4856"
Although much of the family originally hails from England, I'm not aware of our family keeping close contact with the British relatives since perhaps 1668.
The photograph is in excellent condition, and of course I'll keep it...
but who the heck are these people?

10 Comments:

Blogger Rae Ann said...

That's why I love old pictures. Even the ones of 'strangers' are lovely. If I'd get my butt in gear I could do a bunch of our old family photos like that.

6:40 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

rae ann-
If you ever get some time, it's a real good thing to do.
At the very least, try to label names on the back of any photos where the subjects are known to you.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Urvashi said...

Hi!
I enjoyed going through your blog. I love looking at old pictures! I recently put all of my grandmother's pictures in order, and did label quite a few of them. It's just so great looking at one's ancestors and trying to see if one resembles any of the oldies! :)

1:57 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

phoenix rises-
Thank you, and welcome for visiting!
It's good to see a young person, such as yourself, care about these older artifacts.
I left a message on your blog- hoping the rains stop in your region!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Urvashi said...

Hi!
Thanks so much for your concern. :)
The rain has more or less stopped now; we get only slight showers now.

7:01 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

SWLF-
Your wonderful message here just shows what a wonderful 'family' you all are.
Nikki- Thank you and the sisters for sharing Sarah with us.
Much love to you all!

phoenix rises-
I'm so glad to hear this!
My son recently visited India for about 6 weeks and intends to return. He said your country is most beautiful!

11:35 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi SierraBella magical collection of old photos.

11:30 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

QUASAR9-
Hello, and welcome!
Thank you so much.
I visited your site but didn't leave a comment. I've always considered myself fairly intelligent, but now I feel so totally stupid! What is your IQ- 1,000?

1:36 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I love old pictures! People just looked more interesting and elegant way back when.

7:20 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Well hello Amy!
Wasn't it you who posted the funniest Christmas video ever?
I agree about the old pictures. I love looking at the clothing, but can't imagine wearing the stuff for more than a half hour.
It's been past 110 degrees here, and wearing clothes period is just awful!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home